Discuss Help with ARDEX WPC please!! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Jon329

TF
Reaction score
Hello, can anyone advise me as to how far up the wall I should go with the scrim tape and thick mix of ardex wpc. Didn't realise how much of the mix it would use up. Wanted to do it all but not sure if Its needed

All walls are solid construction, I was going to paint it all over the floor and walls surrounding shower.

Any help appreciated!

20190404_171529.jpg 20190404_171544.jpg 20190404_171551.jpg

O

One Day

Basically any place that could get wet. I normally go to head height and just outside the wet area, pay special attention to wall /floor junctions which could soak up stray water.

Jon329

TF
Reaction score
Ideal, thanks for your advice as always impish! I ended up putting some CTI over the rest of the scrim tape, to head height as you suggested and just outside, so hopefully this will be okay!

I will paint the rest on tomorrow and fingers crossed I'll now have enough for two coats on the surrounding walls and entire floor.

20190404_184133.jpg 20190404_184123.jpg

W

Waluigi

The way I look at wet rooms and tanking is that I’d want to be able to stand there with a hosepipe with no tiles on the walls/floor and the fabric of the building won’t get wet or damp.

I’d get the cloaking off the window reveal, tank it and then silicone between the tanking and upvc. Go as close to the ceiling as you can but no need to cut in. That wet Dec is too small to not have a screen on really as you go towards the 45 degree wall. You might get some puddling unless you’ve sloped the HB towards the tray? I assume you’re tanking the HB?

No idea how well tanking sticks to CT1. Personally if the tanking kit was a little on the low side I would’ve just used some alkaline resistant tape and tile adhesive in the corners then tanked. Good luck!

Jon329

TF
Reaction score
Yeah the HB will all be tanked, not sure how well it will stick to CT1 but I've used it in the furthest corners so fingers crossed shouldn't give me to much trouble, I actually used it to glue the main waste in as I know its suitable for plastic and says its recommended for wetroom.

One concern I did have is the scrim tape provided with the kit probably wasnt alkaline resist was in two minds wether or not to use the HB tape I had, but thought i might as well follow the instructions for something for once Haha.

I was going to use ct1 to seal the cloaking window reveals but as you suggested might be best to remove them.

O

One Day

Yes the window is a vulnerable area. I'd only suggest don't use silicone with tanking. In my experience it breaks down and the bond is never very good. Better to use something like wedi 610 / kerdi fix or even ct1.

W

Waluigi

Neutral cure Dow 785. I use it for all manner of things.

I agree about Kerdi Fix. Excellent stuff. Overpriced as per Schlüsual though.

Reply to Help with ARDEX WPC please!! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks