Discuss Help - where can I hire a 1200mm gantry cutter in Scotland? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

Madelvic

I have 88 or so 300 x 1200 x 20 porcelain tiles to cut and looking for a Rubi or similar wet cutter for hire. Only found one at the other end of the country and it is £220+VAT just to get it shipped

I've tried all the hire places I can think of. Welcome any suggestions. Many thanks. Richard

Albert

TF
Supporter
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have 88 or so 300 x 1200 x 20 porcelain tiles to cut and looking for a Rubi or similar wet cutter for hire. Only found one at the other end of the country and it is £220+VAT just to get it shipped

I've tried all the hire places I can think of. Welcome any suggestions. Many thanks. Richard
You can just use a grinder, all cut with a grinder 1200 x 400 20mm
porcelain

IMG_2527.JPG

OP
M

Madelvic

Thanks both. There are quite a few cuts to do and I'm looking for accurate cuts so not sure a grinder would work. Considering buying a second-hand one if I can, but really stuck so welcome further help

OP
D

Dumbo

If you could get to a position where these cuts can be done at once consider water cutting . Job I was on was getting 1200 x600 cut down to 1000x500 for £5 a tile

Reply to Help - where can I hire a 1200mm gantry cutter in Scotland? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer