Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help! Tiled whole bathroom with Tubbed adhesive only to find out it’s not showerproof in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Not sure if it makes much difference but my shower (in question) is over a bath not a wet room or a shower tray

It doesn’t make a huge amount of difference. Out of the two I’d suggest that a shower above a bath is the less likely to require tanking.

As already mentioned, it will probably be fine. A point to consider though is making sure your Bath to tile joint is sealed before you install your shower screen, your shower valve shroud(s) is sealed to the tiles, especially important if a shroud sits on top of a grout joint. Shower tidy holes are sealed alongside any slider bar you might have. Also period checking/maintenance of the silicone seals and grout is also worthwhile.

I think I’m the only female on this thread and the only one not arguing!

ACTUAL ON TOPIC QUESTION:

Bal or Webber grout???

Out of the two I’d go with Bal. something like Microflex or Micromax 2.

OP
Bbbecca7
Reaction score
It doesn’t make a huge amount of difference. Out of the two I’d suggest that a shower above a bath is the less likely to require tanking.

As already mentioned, it will probably be fine. A point to consider though is making sure your Bath to tile joint is sealed before you install your shower screen, your shower valve shroud(s) is sealed to the tiles, especially important if a shroud sits on top of a grout joint. Shower tidy holes are sealed alongside any slider bar you might have. Also period checking/maintenance of the silicone seals and grout is also worthwhile.

Out of the two I’d go with Bal. something like Microflex or Micromax 2.

Thanks for that. Will make sure to do all of the above. We have our tanking kit (Ardex)
For the bath and a grout sealing spray which we will use often

W

Waluigi

No problem, we have given our views on how it should be done so hopefully you can make an educated decision with future projects and I apologise for my part in any petty squabbling that I might’ve been involved in on your thread.

W

WetSaw

Thanks for that. Will make sure to do all of the above. We have our tanking kit (Ardex)
For the bath and a grout sealing spray which we will use often

I'm confused now, is the tanking kit for another room or have you stripped back what had been done?

OP
Bbbecca7
Reaction score
I'm confused now, is the tanking kit for another room or have you stripped back what had been done?
So we haven’t yet tiled down completely to the bath .. there’s still a row of tiles to go ( the one on the top edge of the bath) so I thought I may as well tank that part! And the walls under/around the bath

Reply to Help! Tiled whole bathroom with Tubbed adhesive only to find out it’s not showerproof in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock