Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help starting with Hexagon wall tiling in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forums and have some DIY experience doing some bathroom and kitchen floor tile mainly floors, but walls as well.

Now I'm about to start tile my bathroom in fairly large hexagons (~18 x 22 cm).

I'm just hoping for some help in how to start. I've put a baton against the wall but wondered what the advice is for getting started?

Cut half tiles as spacers for the first row? Or anything more sophisticated

Thanks

O

Old Mod

For your horizontal line, move the tile line up or down to try and achieve a cut through the centre of the tile so that you don’t end up having to cut small pieces. However you will probably find you’ll have to compromise somewhere. This being the case, make that compromise either on the shortest run or most discreet.
On your vertical same rule applies, however you should try make it look like the tile is wrapping around the corner if you want a professional look, even if you have to shorten or lengthen the actual tile that is wrapped, not too much mind, or it’ll look odd.
Very good luck.

Reply to Help starting with Hexagon wall tiling in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock