Discuss Help, please! What are we doing wrong.. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rosa

TF
Reaction score
That's how is like..
IMG_20180403_170603.jpg

L

LM

This one Lee, the one they have at the shop. View attachment 97957
That is actually a very good adhesive and recently it’s formula has been upgraded to S1.
If sufficient notch size has been used (in this case if it appears that it is as you have 25ish ribs across a 600 tile) then poor coverage issues normally arise from an uneven substrate (which I’m assuming it’s not) but sometimes the tiles themselves may be ‘dished’.
The adhesive in your picture doesn’t appear to me to be skinned as it still appears wet. Try back skimming the tile in the same direction as the floor with a 4 or 6mm notched trowel also.

Rosa

TF
Reaction score
Thanks a mil Lee:blush:
One thing, if I add say a 4 mm notched more adhesive would the lipage be too noticeable with the one that are already laid? Is there anyway to overcome that?

Reply to Help, please! What are we doing wrong.. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks