Discuss Help needed with mosaic splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Use a white adhesive. Use a montolit cutter with a mosaic mat to snap them. If you need to cut with a grinder use a variable speed one with a blade suitable for glass. Montolit do one. As its a small area the metal ones can be cut seperately if necessary . Also instead of using tile trim why not use the rectangles to create a frame and cut into that? looks much nicer. I did the same with these Fired Earth mosaics.

View attachment 100495

Thanks very much for your help, what colour of grout do you think would look best on the mosaics I’ve picked?

W

Waluigi

That goes really well with the kitchen worktop. Like it a lot. I’m intrigued, what did you do round the external corner?

Reaction score
Wee update on splash back, eventually got round to starting it today, just to cut some bits to fit into the ends then grout. Went with no trim and I’ll just grout around the edge also

8D593EED-24C3-4F94-80D4-A448DE9EDD13.jpeg

Reaction score
Tiles finally done with tile master grout 3000. Just to run a small bead of silicone along the bottom meeting the sink.

Do I need to treat the grout with a sealer?

White stone mosaic has absorbed a little colour from the grout, are there any way to get the colour back to being white? If not, it’s not a huge deal

25BED831-28C8-42DA-BAF8-61B9414EED45.jpeg

Reply to Help needed with mosaic splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks