Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help I can't decide!!!! in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Guys

Have a wet room coming up which I have been given complete control of so can choose all products.
It's a 1st floor wet room and I really can't decide which system to use.
I haven't had much experience outside of Impey/Waterguard but am wiling to try different products.
Cost is potentially a deciding factor as always.
The floor is timber joists @ 400mm & the walls are a mixture of blockwork & timber studs @400mm
Do I go for a Jacko board/Wedi type tray & wall boards?
Impey & plasterboard with Waterguard?
Marmox showerstone with tile backer boards?
Either type of tray & liquid tanking?!?!

I understand there isn't a definitive answer but would appreciate some opinions....please

T

Time's Ran Out

D0391BA6-126E-4AE6-9FEC-D855F4167365.png
Try this forum sponsors web page!

F

Flintstone

I always suggest two options, Schluter wet room kit or PCS delta tray and delta tanking / boards. both great in my opinion

Reaction score
First off I must admit to having a wet room business. But I have worked for the leading wet room manufacturers in the UK for many years. Paint on systems are all well and good but were originally designed for Europe where they usually are used on solid floors with no movement. Here we tend to fit most wetrooms on wooden floors. For that reason we only ever promote self https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ membranes. The latest Butyl ones are far advanced from where tanking membranes started from. They have decoupling properties. Plus you can tile immediately and not have to wait for anything to dry.

Reply to Help I can't decide!!!! in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock