Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help! 150x75mm Plain White Brick Tiles in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Experts please can you help?

I'm looking for 150x75mm Plain White Brick Tiles for a bathroom that are reasonably priced. Johnson sell them at £48 a square metre which seems a little pricey. Fired Earth cost the earth.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

BirdyWordy

OP
D

Deleted member 9966

hi BirdyWordy,

Have you contacted your local Tile Giant store? they should be able to find what you're looking for at a reasonable price.

GRR :thumbsup:

OP
B

Bolter

Experts please can you help?

I'm looking for 150x75mm Plain White Brick Tiles for a bathroom that are reasonably priced. Johnson sell them at £48 a square metre which seems a little pricey. Fired Earth cost the earth.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

BirdyWordy

Ive just fitted Johnson pain white brick shaped tiles today full height round a bath. They were not anywhere near that price.

Bathroom Tiles, Johnson Tiles (Tile Factory), Kitchen Tiles, Wall Tiles - Bevel Brick - Walls and Floors
Black/White Wall & Floor Tiles, Wall Tiles, Trade White Wall & Floor Tiles, Bathroom Tiles - Metro 200x100 - Walls and Floors

or non bevel

British Ceramic Tile (Factory), Wall Tiles, Bathroom Tiles - Brick - Walls and Floors

very good company I might add :thumbsup:

OP
B

birdywordy

Thanks for the very quick responses!

I am however really only interested in the very plain 'unbevelled' kind at 150 x 75mm. I figured this would be quite a common size. I'ts frustrating though as the larger plain white brick tiles are very cost effective. Seems the smaller you go the more expensive they get. I wish I wasn't so fussy.

My quest continues I fear.

:mad2:

OP
B

Bolter

Thanks for the very quick responses!

I am however really only interested in the very plain 'unbevelled' kind at 150 x 75mm. I figured this would be quite a common size. I'ts frustrating though as the larger plain white brick tiles are very cost effective. Seems the smaller you go the more expensive they get. I wish I wasn't so fussy.

My quest continues I fear.

:mad2:

May I ask what your reasons are for the only slightly smaller tile being a necessity?

Have you an area to be tiled that works only with this size tile? Any tile can successfully be "set out" to work with most rooms.

If you have a pic of the room, and a size reference, maybe we can help?

OP
B

birdywordy

The bathroom originally had very old discoloured brick tiles and I want to replace them like for like. I know its probably really anal of me to only consider this size but I'm picturing myself lying in the bath 6 months from now staring at a compromise and being annoyed.
:smilewinkgrin:

OP
B

Bolter

The bathroom originally had very old discoloured brick tiles and I want to replace them like for like. I know its probably really anal of me to only consider this size but I'm picturing myself lying in the bath 6 months from now staring at a compromise and being annoyed.
:smilewinkgrin:

Well, if you dont compromise on price or size, you'll have to live with what you got :)

There's not many more decisions to make!

OP
D

doug boardley

hi Birdywordy, are you looking to do the full bathroom in the new tiles or are some of the original tiles still on and you're trying to match up?

OP
B

birdywordy

All gone!
I've been chipping them off like a convict for months. They were all bonded to the wall with concrete. :mad2:

I now want to put back what was there... but tile to 3 quarters and add a border tile to the top.

OP
D

doug boardley

I can only suggest the same as Bolter really, I've fit lots of the bevelled ones and they look fine imo, (and the right size)

OP
B

Bolter

I went ahead and took pictures for you of the un-bevelled tiles I laid the other day (white, not grouted) and dug out an old picture of some black bevelled bricks I fitted a while back.

Just to show you they look pretty good :)

Also, with brick-bond pattern tiles, its advisable to have the flattest surface you can get to tile on.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

birdywordy

Very nice. I Love the white flat tiles.
:drool5:

I think I've found someone who stocks 150x75mm flat tiles. He imports them from Spain. £28.00 for 88 tiles which cover 1 metre square. That's cheaper than £45.78 that I originally was quoted at Johnsons and £39.70 at Fired Earth. :hurray:

OP
B

Bolter

Very nice. I Love the white flat tiles.
:drool5:

I think I've found someone who stocks 150x75mm flat tiles. He imports them from Spain. £28.00 for 88 tiles which cover 1 metre square. That's cheaper than £45.78 that I originally was quoted at Johnsons and £39.70 at Fired Earth. :hurray:

perfect!

Reply to Help! 150x75mm Plain White Brick Tiles in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock