Discuss hello newbe looking for addvice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

DAX

Hello tilers
glad to have found this forum.

I am doing a small wet-room and starting to scratch my head at
a few problems. So hope I can ask for a bit of experienced advise.
I have put all wall and floor work in and the tray.
Used backer board the are some uneven old walls also.
I have put in UFH, and tiled over it.
I put a screed of flexible tile adhesive on to the ufh. before
i found this forum, so hope that is ok. then mosaic tiles down.
and grouted.
My first question is I have started the walls, and saw a lot of advise to
put silicon in the corners. 2 or 3mm. which i understand now is because
it expands when warmed, so do I need to pick out the grout around the edge of the floor arr. I will try to upload a pic.

OP
G

GoneGuy

Hi and welcome, pics are always helpful as it gives us a better chance of helping you

OP
D

DAX

Hi thank you for replying, I have tried to get a few photos in.
it is a small space, the one of the floor open wouldn't download.
the one with the niche is where I am at and don't really want to put in
a 40mm slice in the right corner where the laser is but because of the niche and the left wall I have lined it up so that there is 70mm each side of the niche ie black marks. I have already started with a (i think running bond pattern is the turn) so need to keep to that.
the wall on the back right of second pic is out at the top by 30mm ish i was lined it up so the widest space at the top, will not end up with a slither added so lined up the laser to the first line in not the wall.
any ideas gratefully appreciated.
this is my first and it is my own project.

unnamed.jpg IMG_20171124_194345.jpg

OP
D

DAX

hi adey
the next row will not sit on top of the first, but i have looked at that, it would be the black line to the right of the niche, and the first line would be the black line left of niche, and the next tile above the 40mm
laser line would line up in the center of the bottom 200mm, so 1400mm plus joint.

OP
D

DAX

hi yes your right pdc I forgot, the sparky needed to get behind those boards, but have done all the ones on the wall where i started and the actual shower area that's on the other side higher up. but i'll do them this eve

Reply to hello newbe looking for addvice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer