Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Hello (New and Neeeding Advice) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everyone, ( This could be quite long):

Hope everyone's well. So I'm very new to tile, I start an intensive 8 week course in June doing a NVQ Lvl 2 with a company called Able Skills.

Couple years ago (21 now) when I was 19 I started a small company. 6 months later it failed and ever since I've been waiting to achieve my goal of owning my own business.

Anyway the point of the post is to ask fellow traders, what's it like after I qualify, job opportunities... And how would a newly qualified person like me with some site experience find people/company's to employ me.

Thanks everyone who gets back,
Jamie Keenan

D

Dumbo

What work do you want to do , if it's site work apply to a local company and take whatever money they offer then if you feel your as good or as fast as some others ask to be put on the same money as them . If they wont do stay and get a bit more experience then move on and know your worth .

OP
J
Reaction score
What work do you want to do , if it's site work apply to a local company and take whatever money they offer then if you feel your as good or as fast as some others ask to be put on the same money as them . If they wont do stay and get a bit more experience then move on and know your worth .
Honestly, I'm just trying to gain experience. Having owned my own facilities company I understand it's about quality when it comes to pay. Ideally the work I'm not fussed, I'd probably prefer to go with an individual trader rather then a company but what ever I can find. Once I qualify I intend to do some work to my own bathroom/kitchen and build from there. I'm just more worried about people who wouldn't be interested in taking me on straight away with little to none experience.

Reply to Hello (New and Neeeding Advice) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock