Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Hello, I'm looking for some advise on concrete screed floor in wet room. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Dominic Evans

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello folks,
New to the site, just introduced myself, what a fantastic site it is and love to see people helping others, well done.
I'm tile a wet room next week, the only thing different is the contractor has supplied homelux membrane. I'm used to the wet kits like wp1 or Palace / Mapei.
I'm not worried about it, but would like to know if it's suitable over a concrete screed substrate, with former, and backer boards with ufh mat on top. I am a little restricted for height around drainage, but would love some advice from someone who has used said product or similar.
Kind Regards
Dom x

OP
D

Dumbo

I have used it on ply strengthened timber before with ufh more years ago than I care too remember . I'm presuming it is OK as I've never had a call back

OP
D

Dominic Evans

I have used it on ply strengthened timber before with ufh more years ago than I care too remember . I'm presuming it is OK as I've never had a call back
Thanks for that mate. I'm sure it's OK just wanted some reassurances. Cheers

OP
S

SJPurdy

just follow the manufacturer's instructions; paying particular care to the corners and overlaps; use appropriate good quality adhesives and it should be fine.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Where do the backer boards come in?
Any extra height should help for drainage!

Reply to Hello, I'm looking for some advise on concrete screed floor in wet room. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock