Discuss Hello From new member needing advice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hmtiling

Thanks Phil, I have already purchased 10 bags of Larsen adhesive so will probably use their mechanical grip. Downside it is £40 for 5ltrs. Do you think using Mapei Eco grip with Larsen adhesive would cause a problem?
Definitely not

Spud 22

TF
Reaction score
Personally I don't have a problem with different primers and adhesives . Once it's dried its dried . There is a lot of rubbish spoken about use all our products and get a guarantee. If it fails its failed , to my mind unless they can prove there is a reaction between adhesive and primer I don't see they have a way out , but on a side note even if you use all the same product they will usually find a way out . Just to note though this is my own personal view and not upheld by many on tilers forum but over the years I have used many different primers with many different adhesives and i have yet to have something let go .
Thanks JC

T

Time's Ran Out

I had an issue with decoupling membrane delaminating ( caused by wrong glue used at manufacturing plant). However the import company distributing this mat wanted invoices for all materials used and allocated to this job. They presented these to their insurance providers who paid the 10k replacement bill without objection and within a month.
My view - don’t give them any reason to find an excuse, and keep a log of each job as this example occurred 8 months after completion.

D

Dumbo

I had an issue with decoupling membrane delaminating ( caused by wrong glue used at manufacturing plant). However the import company distributing this mat wanted invoices for all materials used and allocated to this job. They presented these to their insurance providers who paid the 10k replacement bill without objection and within a month.
My view - don’t give them any reason to find an excuse, and keep a log of each job as this example occurred 8 months after completion.
Was that the yellow mat John where the mesh came off the main mat

T

Time's Ran Out

Correct!
But there are a couple that colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LM

Thanks Phil, I have already purchased 10 bags of Larsen adhesive so will probably use their mechanical grip. Downside it is £40 for 5ltrs. Do you think using Mapei Eco grip with Larsen adhesive would cause a problem?
I’d advise you to return that adhesive and go with a better brand if it’s possible. I refuse to use Larsen adhesive due to too many failures I’ve seen in the past.

D

Dumbo

I’d advise you to return that adhesive and go with a better brand if it’s possible. I refuse to use Larsen adhesive due to too many failures I’ve seen in the past.
In Salisbury you can get white flexi Larsen for £9 inc. They must be giving it away where you are .

Reply to Hello From new member needing advice in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks