Discuss HELLO EVERYBODY - HERE TO HELP & ADVICE in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

geek84

Good Morning Everyone

It's great to join this forum.

I am a qualified bookkeeper, so if anyone of you nice people have got any questions regarding your business finances/tax returns, then please do let me know and I will attempt to help you as much as I can.

Thanks and speak to you soon.

G

geek84

Thanks.

As stated above, I am a bookkeeper sand can help with any queries that you may have about your business finances or filling in tax returns etc.

Q

Qwerty

Afternoon @geek84

One quick question if I may, which hopefully could benefit others.

If a tiler (sole trader, not Ltd earning say £35k pa) wanted to take on his wife or girlfriend as an employee with no other form of employment, ......

-what is the maximum they can earn before paying tax?
-what benefit does this have on the yearly return?
-what obligations does the tiler have for his 'employee'

W

WetSaw

Make sure they get "paid" monthly and there's evidence to show payment. If a figure is on your annual tax return for the "work" done by such a person, Mr Garrett, the friendly tax inspector, doesn't like it and won't allow it.

Not that I carry a grudge or anything...

D

Dumbo

Afternoon @geek84

One quick question if I may, which hopefully could benefit others.

If a tiler (sole trader, not Ltd earning say £35k pa) wanted to take on his wife or girlfriend as an employee with no other form of employment, ......

-what is the maximum they can earn before paying tax?
-what benefit does this have on the yearly return?
-what obligations does the tiler have for his 'employee'
Why choose between your wife and girlfriend you should both of their tax allowance
Also is this a Freudian thing where you have a girlfriend and your wife doesn't know but you want her to know but can't tell her yourself so your starting to leave little clues .
Or am I just reading to much into it .

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to HELLO EVERYBODY - HERE TO HELP & ADVICE in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks