Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Hello and question about how to proceed from here with tiling... in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

ByTheLake37

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Everyone!

I've been browsing the internet looking for info about how to go about a bathroom reno that really only requires tiles being replaced (wall and floor)!

I live by myself in a unit, small bathroom, and I'd like to update the tiles. (I've saved up!)

Everything in the bathroom is pretty new, and the shower, vanity, bath etc are all great and don't need replacing. I just want to replace the tiles as I don't think they were installed very well in the first place... myself and others notice grouting issues, grout lines that don't line up (1.5 cm variation at the corners in the walls), some lippage, different grout widths, some cracking, what looks like bubbles in the grout etc.

I'm wondering if I hire a tiler, do they take the bath, shower etc out and then put them back when they've finished, or do I need someone else (plumber, tradie) to do this before the tiler comes in?

As I said, I don't wish to replace any of the bathroom fittings, just the tiles, so they would need to be saved without damage and reinstalled.

The current tiles are fitted to door height all the way around the bathroom.

Hoping you have some advice for me, and glad to have found a tilers forum.

Cheers,
Linda.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When I do refits like this I get the toilet and basin removed and I have a length of ply that I place over the bath to totally protect it, remove the tiles, make good the walls, then retile.
I have a plumber I use to take out and refit the toilet and basin, but some tilers will do everything for you.
Just make sure there fully insured, and both excellent at plumbing and tile.

OP
B

ByTheLake37

Hmmm, sounds like if I contact a couple of tilers and get them around for a quote, they can hopefully manage everything from their end.... thank you!

OP
B

ByTheLake37

Yes, the budget would definitely be blown then! I wish I could pick someone from here as you all sound like you know what you're doing. I really appreciate the help though.

Reply to Hello and question about how to proceed from here with tiling... in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock