Discuss Hello all from Sunny Great Yarmouth in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all

to be honest, not that sunny and not that great either....

I have visited with interest this site over the years and finally pulled my finger out and joined.
I have been involved with tiles for the last 20 years from both sides of the fence.
I was a manager for Topps tiles for 13 years before taking the plunge and worked with an established tiler for 2 years before he encouraged me to 'go it alone' (He retired)
In these last 20 years I can certainly say one thing, 'tiles have got bigger'
When I started 15x15 were the norm and 20x25 were considered 'big tiles'
Some of my most recent jobs have been 60x60cm up to 60x120cm.

My biggest eye opener in recent years was working on site, I have learnt that electricians are god followed by plumbers, carpet fitters and painters. Us Tilers seem to get in the way, (even though they all need us to get done quick so they can get on)

I hope to be a useful and active member of this site and look forward to joining in where I can.

D

Dumbo

Hi all

to be honest, not that sunny and not that great either....

I have visited with interest this site over the years and finally pulled my finger out and joined.
I have been involved with tiles for the last 20 years from both sides of the fence.
I was a manager for Topps tiles for 13 years before taking the plunge and worked with an established tiler for 2 years before he encouraged me to 'go it alone' (He retired)
In these last 20 years I can certainly say one thing, 'tiles have got bigger'
When I started 15x15 were the norm and 20x25 were considered 'big tiles'
Some of my most recent jobs have been 60x60cm up to 60x120cm.

My biggest eye opener in recent years was working on site, I have learnt that electricians are god followed by plumbers, carpet fitters and painters. Us Tilers seem to get in the way, (even though they all need us to get done quick so they can get on)

I hope to be a useful and active member of this site and look forward to joining in where I can.
To be honest I know last site work I was doing I was earning more than the chippies. Also the one before that . But I have had some crap rates offered and not taken them .

W

Waluigi

Trust me, only misinformed Plumbers have no respect for a good Tiler.

The industry has changed a lot and the skill level of a Tiler is far greater than a Plumber or Electrician.

This is coming from a Plumber.

Edit: Welcome BTW:thumbsup::thumbsup: :D

T

Time's Ran Out

Trust me, only misinformed Plumbers have no respect for a good Tiler.

The industry has changed a lot and the skill level of a Tiler is far greater than a Plumber or Electrician.

This is coming from a Plumber.

Edit: Welcome BTW:thumbsup::thumbsup: :D

One minute your joining the Plumber forum, next your saying tilers are crap, now it’s :heartpulse: us tilers - you’ve got me confused!

Reply to Hello all from Sunny Great Yarmouth in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks