Discuss Having fun with Florim Magnum slabs in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

So true form, this Florim Magnum tile job has a couple of issues. :D
1. We're the third lot in there, one gang lasted 2 hrs :p the other lit left after doing their prep, and then shattered (I don't mean broke a tile) a tile by propping one corner up whilst on the floor and attacking with a grinder. :eek: And by all account from the main contractor, literally attacked it with a grinder :thumbsup:

2. The prep :p:p
This is the first of two wetrooms to be done.
IMG_1915.JPG IMG_1917.JPG IMG_1919.JPG IMG_1922.JPG IMG_1923.JPG IMG_1924.JPG
The second image is patchy because it's where we've started to rub the high points back with a stone.
Their answer to tanking is sticking kerdi Keba on niche wall with wpc and then covering with wpc.
That's ok, however it was 6mm thick in places and not flat by any stretch of the imagination. Just what you need when it's only one tile on the wall.

3. Access to the rooms is a little challenging

IMG_1936.JPG IMG_1937.JPG IMG_1938.JPG IMG_1939.JPG IMG_1940.JPG IMG_1942.JPG

4. The second wetroom........ well I'll leave that till after the site meeting this morning :confused:

F

Flintstone

Well Marc, if anyone can do this sort of challenging job, it's you. Are you leaving the walls after taking off high spots or tanking again to be sure ? Looks like there could be areas of tanking over painted plaster ?
One tile on that wall with angled ceiling, with niche cut out with mitres? Wow

O

Old Mod

Someone has got to take a video of you getting them buggers up that staircase. Its gonna be hilarious.

Where as most have asked for a video on how to cut them, you wanna see a video in the hope that you see me fail! Hmmmmm!
What odds you giving Paul? :D

O

Old Mod

I wouldn’t question any amount you want for that job Marc!
Even tho the they're paying a healthy day rate Ian, it transpires as always, I could of pushed the boundaries even further. I'm still happy, there's no pressure or questions from the tiling contractor.
Only fly in ointment is that officially we're already 6 weeks behind and the main contractor wants the floor space Monday for kitchen fitters, but I say possession is 9/10ths of the law haha

B

Blunt Tool

Even tho the they're paying a healthy day rate Ian, it transpires as always, I could of pushed the boundaries even further. I'm still happy, there's no pressure or questions from the tiling contractor.
Only fly in ointment is that officially we're already 6 weeks behind and the main contractor wants the floor space Monday for kitchen fitters, but I say possession is 9/10ths of the law haha
They must realise you can’t exactly put them in the broom cupboard out of the way!

Reply to Having fun with Florim Magnum slabs in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks