Discuss has anybody had upvc windows fitted? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

brs73

morning chaps,
i need to get some upvc windows and doors fitted on my house and i was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for trustworthy companys.
i based in north london
i dont wanna drive myself mad with the dodgy salesmen/conmen etc so any help would save me a lot of messing around
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9966

hi brs
there's only 1 guy in the entire UK whom I would recommend for good quality windows and doors but unfortunately, he's located in Staffordshire and he probably won't be particularly cost effective.

do what you would with any tradesman, ask friends/family for recommendation, closely inspect the recent work they have done, ask for written quotations (3 should be enough), compare the detail and ask many questions about the quality of the framework/glass/handles/locks/security standards.

my installer is an approved installer for these people Windows | PVCU Wndows | Aluminium Windows - Elitis not sure if they have any approved installers down in your area though. might be worth a call.

GRR

C

Colour Republic

Make sure you ask what system they are using as you can't go on price alone. Think it it like a gold ring, you can get gold plated, 9ct, 18ct, 24ct... all look the same as they're all gold right? Windows are much the same there is some cheap rubbish about but if you're not careful you'll get charged 24ct prices for a gold plated product.

So if you do get 3 quotes make sure they are quoting for the same spec

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I just used safestyle uk for my bay window. No complaints at all.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
One of my customers had Everest fix new windows in a rental property. I can sum the work up in one sentence - Don't choose Everest! The bathroom window was badly fitted and had to be re-fitted. Problem was they has taken all the scaffolding down and they thought the customer wouldn't see the angle the window had been fitted cos it was 3rd floor. Wrong. It was so obvious. The 2 fitters were sacked.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
did you bogof alan? :smilewinkgrin:

Sadly not but i did haggle mightily and got the top of he range window for less than half the original quote. Ended up paying just over £100 more than i could have ought it for if i had fitted it myself so ot a bad deal. The two lads that fitted it were superb as well. I think that makes all the difference personally.

Reply to has anybody had upvc windows fitted? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks