Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Has anybody else heard of this one . in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I heard In the tile shop that I use another trader went in enquiring about the price of Mapei ucp because they were having trouble with colour of red biscuit tiles bleeding into bal micromax grout .

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've had the red biscuit show on the edge of the grout with cheap ceramics because the glaze dosn't go to the edge of the tile, would of thought you would get that with any grout though..

OP
T

Tile Shop

I would have thought that would only be possible if the clay back was pigmented and a slowset or dispersion https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ was used and grouted too soon. Can't see why it would discolour one make of grout and not another. Or even the tile was underfired and was still a bit chalky and some residue contaminated the grout?

Did see grout discolour once when the plaster behind got wet after a leak. White grout went pinky. Slighty discoloured the tiles to so maybe more to do with a dodgy background than the tile?

Who knows. Loads of reasons why grout can discolour.

Lairdy1

TF
Reaction score
Ive seen charcoal black grout turn electric blue and im not kidding. Even the rep who visited and did all the tests ect was baffled. Had to stain the whole lot with pure charcoal dust and water.nearly 200mts of it.

Reply to Has anybody else heard of this one . in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock