Discuss Hand held floor grinding set up in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

22BA8C54-C4B7-4BE3-AF37-F76317897BB0.jpeg

F

Flintstone

I've got a 9 inch grinder with a cowling attached to a single motor industrial dust extractor which I use for pretty much every floor I tile whether it's simply grinding the surface to remove latience , contaminants or taking high spots down.
Checkout a floor preperation site like pwm or surface preperation

Do you run it using a 9 inch cup and cowl? Most are 7 inch from what I’ve seen

O

Old Mod

I borrow that set up for the odd occasion I need it so I don't actually know Marc, but I can find out.

I’m interested to know Lee, but don’t put yourself out, do you know how many motors it has?
Looks like it might work well. :)

F

Flintstone

Yeah, turbo. 10mm deep diamond tips. Paid for it but supposed to be better than the double row cups. Just hope it’s not too aggressive, bloody heavy thing

O

Old Mod

Yeah, turbo. 10mm deep diamond tips. Paid for it but supposed to be better than the double row cups. Just hope it’s not too aggressive, bloody heavy thing
Yeah I bet it is, I’m sure you’ll tear that screed up in no time.
Might be an idea to test it on a concrete block first tho haha

F

Flintstone

Yeah I said that to Mate yesterday, need to test it on an old flag stone. I also learnt something last night. My friend is a manager at A Big name hire shop and we were talking about it and dust etc, he said they aren’t allowed to call most vac’s dust extractors now as they let silica pass through and get airborne. Only the new Hilt dust extractors have the correct filter ration to collect silica safely! From them anyway, not sure if other makes do it. Class M dust extraction. My question which I’m not sure of is, does anhydrite produce silica once sanded ?

O

Old Mod

To get a definitive answer on what is produced, ask @Ajax123 Andy.

As far as site vacuums go, HSE now insist on a minimum of an M class extractor.
What makes an M class extractor is basically 3 things.
1 dust extraction of less than <1% dusts.
2 a Power take Off point, so that extractor and tool work as one.
3. An audible alarm if suction reduces or bags are Full.
H class is for is for carcinogenic dusts, asbestos, mounds etc.
It has all the above attributes but filters down to
<0.005% dusts.
Does that answer your question Andy?
And there are other makes that filter to that level, in fact quite a few known brands do.

F

Flintstone

I have just been googling and seen there’s quite a lot that do m class like you say. I never knew. So my vac being a none m class, probably allows the silica to pass into the air? Especially if I press the filter clean button which blows out the side! Wonder how many people actually have an up to date dust extractor

Reply to Hand held floor grinding set up in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks