Discuss Hand held floor grinding set up in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
Q

Qwerty

Only a couple of ATS grinding cups, variable speed makita grinder, and an aftermarket guard with vacuum attachment. Been ok for me so far

OP
L

LM

7E74FB06-42D8-4ACE-8508-EF1FA7DBF6BF.jpeg 7433F09A-0638-44A6-9959-07E1AE3B08E4.jpeg 8A6FDFC4-59CD-4D15-B870-C050E541166E.jpeg For big stuff I use

OP
F

Flintstone

Nice! I can’t warrant one of those, I don’t sand enough. I have been workout searching out the best cost effective set up this week, for 7 inch, think I’ve got it susseed. Do you have a dust can Before the vac on your grinders or straight into the vac ?

OP
F

Flintstone

That's got a motor in it ? I thought it was a can that was inline that dust fell into on its way to the vac? Am I on another planet ? :D

OP
F

Flintstone

For 25 quid, it isn't worth making one. Are the ones with a motor in just to boost the suction then I assume

OP
L

LM

TBH I sent the wrong link at first because what you actually need is a simple seperator which you found anyway. I’m not saying you’re a tight arse ;) but I then sent you the diy link. If you watch it to the end it explains very well the benefits of using a seperator.

OP
W

WetSaw

Definitely something I need to get. Although being a tight arse with plastic pots always available and pipe fittings in stock I may well lash something together.

OP
F

Flintstone

I’ll get the machine mart one. Got an anhydrite to sand in January, 30m ish.

OP
F

Flintstone

Do you find much difference between the cheap ÂŁ5 grinding cups and the ÂŁ40 + ones such as ats sell, ÂŁ80 even for the 180mm

OP
Q

Qwerty

Grab a few cheapies. They aren't bad to be fair. I killed my few cheapies on a s&c screed that had a huge belly in it

OP
L

LM

Imo you’ll only be able to gauge that if you’re doing a lot of it and spending enough money on it they you’re asking the question.

judge

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
I've got a 9 inch grinder with a cowling attached to a single motor industrial dust extractor which I use for pretty much every floor I tile whether it's simply grinding the surface to remove latience , contaminants or taking high spots down.
Checkout a floor preperation site like pwm or surface preperation

OP
F

Flintstone

I've got a 9 inch grinder with a cowling attached to a single motor industrial dust extractor which I use for pretty much every floor I tile whether it's simply grinding the surface to remove latience , contaminants or taking high spots down.
Checkout a floor preperation site like pwm or surface preperation

Do you run it using a 9 inch cup and cowl? Most are 7 inch from what I’ve seen

OP
O

Old Mod

I borrow that set up for the odd occasion I need it so I don't actually know Marc, but I can find out.

I’m interested to know Lee, but don’t put yourself out, do you know how many motors it has?
Looks like it might work well. :)

Reply to Hand held floor grinding set up in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer