Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grinding station in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
What's your platform for cutting tiles on with the grinder, I'm looking at upgrading!

OP
O

Old Mod

Not far off Marc! A hop up, but being 6ft 5, it's not good for the back
Oh! Haha bloody Nora mate, that's pretty damn tall,
question tho, why the hell do you have a hop up! Hahaha
I'd of said the cheapest upgrade and most easily stored would be a pair of those plastic saw horses that fold flat and screw a bit of board on top.
Workmates are ok but they actually take up a lot of room I think and it'd be pretty low for you, unless you buy the higher end models.
The best upgrade you can get is a pair of these, to hold your work steady while you cut.
That leaves both hands free.
IMG_7989.PNG

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm 6'4 and still use a hop up most of the time, have been thinking about trying one of the one fold up work stations in screwfix tho

OP
F

Flintstone

Saw them the other day in screw fix, bit bulky? I only have a small van and it's already a bit full. Needs to be something fast and easy to get in and out, some times there might only be a couple of cuts to do. I've always had hop up! It's only really this year I've been cutting more with the grinder than wet cutter.

OP
O

Old Mod

Saw them the other day in screw fix, bit bulky? I only have a small van and it's already a bit full. Needs to be something fast and easy to get in and out, some times there might only be a couple of cuts to do. I've always had hop up! It's only really this year I've been cutting more with the grinder than wet cutter.
It folds down to 110mm Andy
IMG_7990.JPG

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Always make sure you click the centre spine into place!
I didn't, and was using it as a stool to stand on. I collapsed, with me and a tin of paint going astray!
The table was only good for the skip after that. Will get another some day.
I'm using sealey mechanics adjustable tables now. Not right for everthing, but great when working at waist height, or off steps.
Sealey Adjustable Height Mobile Workstation - Auto - Vehicle Products, Garage Equipment, Storage Solutions - https://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-360142/sealey-adjustable-height.html?gclid=CNS1yKGEmtECFQ4TGwodvQ4LyA

Last edited:
OP
I

Italy

Use a bucket full of water, I tried to be as high, but dirtying my shirt and I eat too much dust. :=)

Reply to Grinding station in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock