Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grinder marks on porc in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
doing a bit of retro cutting today on porc tiles to fit a led strip light in a recess, scratched all of a tile with my grinder guard, any ideas how to remove? Nightmare!

O

Old Mod

Try ceramic clean from lithofin, that normally removes metal marks from tiles.

OP
Cranbrook

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers lads, tried rubbing grout but didnt work, tried jif (cif) and didnt work, was thinking of scratching it off with a grinder but thought id ask here first lol.. i'll try the suggested methods tomorrow..

O

One Day

The solution: Barkeeper's Friend.
Trust me!

canvas.png

OP
Cranbrook

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just had a quick read up on that bar keepers friend and im completely sold on it.. hope it comes in time for new tools tuesdays :sob:

W

Waluigi

We use Bar keepers friend on solid surface countertops (Corian) it’s really good.

For tiles I would use diamond hand polishing pads.

Start off with 3000 and if it’s still there at 50 grit you have a big problem:tearsofjoy:

W

Waluigi

Do you have a variable speed grinder and polishing pads? Might be worth having a go on a spare tile. Depends on the Porc though.

OP
Cranbrook

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Do you have a variable speed grinder and polishing pads? Might be worth having a go on a spare tile. Depends on the Porc though.
Out of my 4 Grinders, none are variable unfortunately! Is there a bid difference to hand polishing pads?

O

Old Mod

Out of my 4 Grinders, none are variable unfortunately! Is there a bid difference to hand polishing pads?
Don’t use had pads on porcelain tiles, you’ll trash them.
IF you could remove the marks by polishing them, use a cream based product, but it’s still likely to dull the surface, esp if they’re polished.

Reply to Grinder marks on porc in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock