Discuss Grinder for polishing in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have a cordless Bosch grinder that I use when I can for cuts and mitred edges. It’s great and I love it. However, it is not a variable speed grinder. I would like to get a grinder to put polishing / sanding pads on to finish edges. I believe this will give a better finish and quicker than the hand pads. What is a good value variable speed grinder to do do this?

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thank you both. Just confuse things more. Am I best off getting a wet or dry polisher? I do t mind laying out a bit more for something that will be more versitile. For example bullnose / finishing edges on travertine and stone as well as ceramic / porc. What other polishing / finishing kit do you guys use.

B

Blunt Tool

Thank you both. Just confuse things more. Am I best off getting a wet or dry polisher? I do t mind laying out a bit more for something that will be more versitile. For example bullnose / finishing edges on travertine and stone as well as ceramic / porc. What other polishing / finishing kit do you guys use.
I use the Bosch for everyday dry polish/mitre etc but I have a Flex variable wet polisher specially for stone. If you don’t do a lot of stone then just get dry pads for Bosch

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Brill. I don’t do a lot of stone to be honest. But I am doing my own bathroom next month and plan to use travertine or stone so that I can have a practice / use materials I don’t use that often.

W

Waluigi

Any polisher can be used wet and dry, you just need the right pads. However the polisher I have isn’t a specific wet polisher. It doesn’t have a water attachment but neither does the Bosch variable speed recommended earlier. I think it depends on how far you want to go with it all.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thank you for that. That makes sense. I do very little stone but I want to get better at it. I think what I will do is. Get the Bosch then get wet or dry pads for use depending on the situation. Wet means wet with a sponge. Keep disk and surface moist ? How much was your flex?

W

Waluigi

About £200

Wet polishing is more than a sponge. It’s a continuous stream of water. I’m no expert on wet poslishing though but have seen my stone mason do it a few times.

W

Waluigi

I would assume so if I bought some wet pads and added a stream of water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Grinder for polishing in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks