Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Grey. Anyone getting bored of it yet? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
A few months ago I had a customer with what must’ve been 20 greys laid out on his living room floor. Mainly Porc.

Fortunately he decided to go for the single sample I brought over. A 700 x 250 ceramic but I had photos of Bathrooms I had done with them. That year I had done about ten bathrooms in the same tile. I just find it boring now. You know when you finish a job and can’t even bare to look at it or even take a photo.

I totally agree about the biege. Some oldies still like it. Grey is still better than that.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
The amount of grey kitchens/bathrooms I have done hasnt peaked yet. Just different shades and finishes, I give a another year or two before the next big colour comes along

OP
W

Waluigi

I’ve done a few white bathrooms this year.
I’m not sure what the next trend will be. Maybe thin Porc? I don’t think it’s ready to hit the average domestic market yet. Walls aren’t flat enough :D

OP
D

Dumbo

To be honest I like the Calcutta and Carrara marble look but dont know how many I could do before I got bored of that . But it is a classic

OP
C

Concrete guy

We had a carpet fitted on Friday, in errrr grey :rolleyes:.

The carpet fitter was saying he's been doing this for 35 years and he sees the colour trends change every 6-8 years.

So we came out of naturals and beige into greys. He figures the next trend will be colours that gradually get bolder.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
6 years prob a bit soon but 8 years is about right from experience, greys in kitchens probably started 5ish years so couple years yet afraid lads. Grey woods are getting more common, people won’t want dark colours either

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
To be honest I like the Calcutta and Carrara marble look but dont know how many I could do before I got bored of that . But it is a classic

I'm doing an ensuite in that look atm.
Think it'll look nice and makes a change.
Think we'd get bored of anything if we did enough of them but I've always liked greys in bathrooms.

OP
I

Italy

I suppose the main question is.. whats next?

What is the next big trend?
I think only the formats will change
and the effects, we will copy concrete marbles stones.
the wood effect planks will still remain.
Glossy effects will drop.
the colors will always remain those.
all this for another 20 years.
but now I will be retired :)

OP
C

Concrete guy

Porcelain copies are so good now that's there's little point using real marble in a bathroom, certainly in the wet areas.

Back when I was tile you could always tell a man made print the moment you walked in a room. You could even see the dots of the printing process.

Some of this large format marble looking porcelain is fantastic.

OP
S

SALS

I work for a small company in SE and I'm getting so bored of selling grey. Its grey this grey that and getting 3-4 pallets of new stock is exciting, until the boss tells us "hey yeah heres 4 new tiles, 4 different shades of grey".

Reaction score
I work for a small company in SE and I'm getting so bored of selling grey. Its grey this grey that and getting 3-4 pallets of new stock is exciting, until the boss tells us "hey yeah heres 4 new tiles, 4 different shades of grey".
o next they'll come up with a "50 shades of grey" theme the ladies will go mad for it

Reply to Grey. Anyone getting bored of it yet? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock