Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Granfix maxi grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Well, I gave up with granfix products a few years back after having nothing but trouble with there grey grout, i said I'd not use there grouts again but earlier this week I used there maxi grout in white and I was well impressed. Easy to use and washed to a great uniform texture, didn't need long before washing off, dare i say I preferred it to tilemaster white. I haven't used there greys tho so not sure if there any good.

Anyone else use it?

OP
T

Tile Shop

Well, I gave up with granfix products a few years back after having nothing but trouble with there grey grout, i said I'd not use there grouts again but earlier this week I used there maxi grout in white and I was well impressed. Easy to use and washed to a great uniform texture, didn't need long before washing off, dare i say I preferred it to tilemaster white. I haven't used there greys tho so not sure if there any good.

Anyone else use it?

No but I know of a few others that had issues before switching to either Norcros or Mapei. If like you, many others stop using it due to it being crap or having problems, it could have given them a kick up the bum to change the formulation. Fair play to Granfix if that is the case, as not many other manufacturers take any notice of what tilers want. If its not the case, you may have just had a lucky batch :)

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Had nothing but a problem when I used limestone once - had to dremmel out the whole job. Would be reluctant to use it again.

OP
D

Dumbo

I used some a couple of years back utter rubbish at time. But on the plus point for gfix I use regularly their c2te s1 in white for wall tile mixes up really nicely almost paste like .

OP
F

Flintstone

IMG_3060.JPG This is the stuff I used to hate and had problems with

And this one is the one I used other day which was better IMG_3061.JPG

OP
O

On one

I can vaguely remember some customer supplying Maxigrout sometime in the last 12 months........I looked at the bag with some trepidation, but I was very pleasantly surprised as how easy it was to use:thumbsup:

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
instarmac ie ultra have bought granfix ...their cfta slow white is really good i use loads of it for large gear on the walls ....the grout is ok

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I went to a floor job I did two years ago yesterday , they want me to tile kitchen .
I tiled the living room and hallway using tilemaster , honestly I couldn't believe the grout colour , was well impressed , it was jasmine and look really good, and they have dogs as well.
On another note, I have light grey on my house floor, it now looks dark grey after a few months , maybe I just just clean as well

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with Maxi other than it never felt as user friendly as say TileMaster, but for performance I think it's good gear. My own hall is grouted with limestone, granted it was saturated with Stainstop, but always cleans up great.

OP
F

Flintstone

How do you saturate the grout with stain stop if the tiles don't require sealing? Unless that did require it of course

Reaction score
Yep trav tiles, Stainstop and Care Sheen. Cheap travertine now looks like somewhat dearer polished marble. Thinking back my sister in law's bathroom was grouted with white Maxi about 5 years ago maybe, still looks good, no noticeable discolouration.

Reply to Granfix maxi grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock