Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Getting CSCS card without Tiling NVQ? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi
I have been tile for over 10 years but i never went to tech to get my NVQ.I have been working in Holland for the last 4 years but work is pretty slow so i plan to go to London to work.All of the jobs i have seen require a CSCS card which i also don't have as i never needed one the last time i worked in the UK.<br><br>Is there no way to get one without having an NVQ?If not where can i go to be assessed quickly for an NVQ?I am from Northern Ireland but can't find any place where i can go and be assessed.They seem to only come and asses you at your work but as i am in Holland i don't have anywhere they can come asses me in NI.

Thanks

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Re: Getting CSCS card without NVQ?

you can get green one (labourer) as some sites allow you to tile with it.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score

You can apply for an "experienced worker" card without the NVQ.

OP
K

Knifey_Spoony

How strict are sites about having the right card?Will most sites be fine with an experienced worker card?

OP
M

Mr Tiler

I tile with my green card mate have had no issues what so ever

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score

How strict are sites about having the right card?Will most sites be fine with an experienced worker card?

It gives you the same access as the skilled worker card for up to one year whilst you get sorted with the h and s tests and any require pro qualifications e.g. NVQ

OP
S

Stef

Deano was telling me a bit about it, certain he said about contacting Bal & they can do an on the job assessment.
If Deano sees this then he will be able to fill you in..

OP
K

Knifey_Spoony

Ok i have now done my Health and Safety test and tried to apply for the experienced worker card but they say i have to be registered for an NVQ course before they will give me it..What is the best and cheapest way to do this?When i get on site i will have an onsite assessment done to get my NVQ but for now i just need to be registered for any NVQ course.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score

I've been informed (by the guy who actually designed the nvq 2 test) that if you join the TTA , then do the course/test (level 2) , you can claim the full cost of said test back un the form of a grant.
Diggy

OP
S

Stocks Tiles

Didn't know you could just use the green labourers card, I went to apply for the experienced worker and got told had to start a nvq, and I am not willing to pay for a course to earn peanuts off site work, but if the green card works then may give it a try..

OP
U

Unused Account 1

You just needthe most basic card ,for health and safety ,if you can tile sites are happy with that ,im renewing my goldcard soon,but only for site work till i get back getting my own work

Reaction score
It's great that you have 10 years of tile experience, but unfortunately, most jobs in the UK require a CSCS card for health and safety reasons. Having an NVQ isn't a requirement for getting a CSCS card, but it can make the process easier.

Since you're currently in Holland, you might want to consider taking an online NVQ assessment through a reputable training provider. There are many online courses available that can help you get certified quickly, and some of them may offer remote assessments. You can also contact the CSCS directly to see if they have any suggestions for NVQ assessors in Holland or Northern Ireland who can help you get assessed remotely.

Another option could be to contact local tile associations or trade organizations in your area to see if they can recommend an assessor or training provider that can help you get certified.

Overall, the key is to do your research, reach out to relevant organizations and training providers, and be prepared to invest some time and effort into getting certified before you can start working in the UK.

Reply to Getting CSCS card without Tiling NVQ? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock