Discuss Garage floor self levelling help in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Silver Birch

Hi guys I have a 30 sqm garage floor I want to tile. The concrete slab was laid in 3 sections and is dipping towards the centre by about 10mm. Not used self levelling compound before so wanted some advice, can I add sand to compound to make it go further? How much compound would I require for this area? SBR concrete surface prior?
Thanks in advance

O

One Day

Is there a DPM under the slab?
At 10mm nearly all slc will not require bulking out.

The issue of damp (or not) will really dictate what you need to use here...

O

One Day

I'd suggest BAL LevelMax or TileMaster's RapidLevel 30.
As the slab is sectioned, you should either include expansion joints or use an uncoupling layer.

B

Bill

Get a fibre reinforced SLC for added strength. I like the Tilemaster SLC range and you would probably need 8 - 10 bags if you are skillful at using an SLC.

It all depends on how many hollows and bumps are on the concrete to know exactly how many bags.

G

GoneGuy

As @impish said in his post, make sure you prime the concrete floor first with either slc manufacturers recommended primer or use sbr and depending on the porosity of the concrete you might need two coats of primer.

F

Flintstone

Don’t be tempted to add sand to the slc, it will mess with the makeup of it. I’ve seen one where sand was added and it just held moisture and didn’t set hard

Reply to Garage floor self levelling help in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks