• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss Funniest questions you've been asked by customers in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Tile Shop

People say "Its only easy if you know the answer", or "if you have to ask, its not a stupid question". But surely a line has to be drawn somewhere.

On our ebay site we had a customer message in saying :
"I really like the Vesuvius Porcelain Wall tiles, but how are the fixed to the wall? Is there a backing you have to peal off?".

I had to answer seriously without a hint of sarcasm. Although I was chuckling for a good while.

To someone who has no clue about tiles or doesn't understand the concept of tiling or maybe even has never seen a tile before in their life, this may not be that stupid (bearing in mind that there are indeed self adhesive mosaics starting to hit the market). But it has made me think, what funny questions have you been asked that have left you completely lost for words, leading you to ask yourself if its a complete wind up?

OP
T

Tile Shop

Once had a customer email in a picture of a box of tiles he'd just taken delivery of. He said it was the wrong one because he didn't order one with lines going across it and it was the wrong colour. Told him it may look better if he took it out the box and turned it over!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Heard that one before not sure if it was you that mentioned it lol

Nowt queer as folk.

OP
T

Tile Shop

Its very common. Most of the time it happens where a pallet is being off-loaded from the lorry, and the customers beady eye catches the top lay and rejects it at first glance.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

100 square metres of 600x300mm porc, I had prices per square metre and very dear so do it on a day rate and builder said it shouldn't take you any longer that 2 days.
Tiler! Tiler! Why are you ignoring me and walking away, you can't do this, you will never work in this town again!

True conversation from last week!

OP
D

Dumbo

100 square metres of 600x300mm porc, I had prices per square metre and very dear so do it on a day rate and builder said it shouldn't take you any longer that 2 days.
Tiler! Tiler! Why are you ignoring me and walking away, you can't do this, you will never work in this town again!

True conversation from last week!
Who was the builder to threaten you with that . Tony soprano.

OP
O

One Day

Had a good one yesterday actually.
I had quoted for 40sqm of herringbone pattern floor tiles, size 250mm x 80mm - so a couple of thousand of tiles and hundreds of cuts.
I put a fairly steep price in (don't need the job) and she called me and after claiming it was a "bit expensive" asked this:
If I get you to do the hallway (another 9sqm) will you do it for less?

(Me) Err.... I'll have to think about it and get back to you!

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The best ones alwayssssss start with, but the plumber/joiner/builder/electrician/man in b&q says.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
'Do you put the grout in after you've tiled?'

Kid you not!

OP
L

LJD

Client "we are planning on getting the tiles from England lane , London" you just know its going to be hard work :-(

Reply to Funniest questions you've been asked by customers in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer