Discuss Forgot to clean up mold prior to backerboard installation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tricha122

Hi, I have been recently renovating my bathroom, and when taking down the drywall around the tub surround, I was surprised to see that my exterior wall was right there (drywall was held up by wood strapped to the exterior wall), and that there was mold on the exterior wall.

i removed the old strapping which was moldy, and put up some new stuff with the intention of removing the mound, but I forgot and put up the cement backerboard and waterproofed it. What should I do from here? Will the mold just stay dormant if the tub surround is waterproofed sufficiently?

see before and after photos
View media item 15544View media item 15543

Q

Qwerty

Not much can be said really. You either rip it all out and start again or not. It's hard to tell the cause of the damp by the pics and if it will get any worse

Reply to Forgot to clean up mold prior to backerboard installation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks