Discuss Football thread 2017/2018 season in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Football spies!
A Leeds person was caught with binoculars, pliers and a change of clothes watching Derby County train yesterday!!
I think it was the Leeds tracksuit that gave him away.
Where was John Benton working yesterday?

It was my plumber, had it booked in for months TJ

'Look at leaking defence in Derby area' it said in his diary.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Someone spotted him :)

6A0D02DF-87BA-4E99-A251-C192667A0DAA.jpeg

Reaction score
Dirty Leeds, Cloughie was right.

Anyway, The Frank Lampard effect is in full swing at Derby, we maybe not good enough to go up, but we have given a very good account against 3 prem teams this season, last night even VAR couldnt beat us!

You rams!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Dirty Leeds, Cloughie was right.

Anyway, The Frank Lampard effect is in full swing at Derby, we maybe not good enough to go up, but we have given a very good account against 3 prem teams this season, last night even VAR couldnt beat us!

You rams!

Did you see Lampard's post match interview. He thanked the Leeds manager for picking the team to beat Southampton. He knows Derby better than their own manager ;)

T

Time's Ran Out

It’s all they are talking about on the wireless this week.
Absolutely daft!
A player blocks another from getting to the ball as it goes out for a goal kick - it used to be called obstruction or ungentlemanly conduct and a indirect free kick to the attacking side. Now it’s a free kick to the defence as the attacker has been adjudged to have fouled while playing the game.
Derby are saying it’s ‘ungentleman like behaviour’ to do your homework on the opposition ie to watch them train.
What’s so secretive that football is so special?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It’s all they are talking about on the wireless this week.
Absolutely daft!
A player blocks another from getting to the ball as it goes out for a goal kick - it used to be called obstruction or ungentlemanly conduct and a indirect free kick to the attacking side. Now it’s a free kick to the defence as the attacker has been adjudged to have fouled while playing the game.
Derby are saying it’s ‘ungentleman like behaviour’ to do your homework on the opposition ie to watch them train.
What’s so secretive that football is so special?

Nothing!!!!

He really didn’t need to look at the training ground, we played them off the park, like we do most teams every week. It’s the best football Leeds have played for years!!!

The EFL and clubs in that division don’t want Leeds out due to the crowds they bring in and money generated. Why would you want them out? Bit like the EU not wanting the UK to leave!!!

D

Dumbo

Nothing!!!!

He really didn’t need to look at the training ground, we played them off the park, like we do most teams every week. It’s the best football Leeds have played for years!!!

The EFL and clubs in that division don’t want Leeds out due to the crowds they bring in and money generated. Why would you want them out? Bit like the EU not wanting the UK to leave!!!
I reckon you did really well getting biesla . I know he had a rough time in southern france but he is the guy all the other so called top managers studied to develop their style and tac tics

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Reaction score
its hilarious really this spy gate, Bielsa doing his power point presentation, wow, like no other manager does this?

Face facts, what hes done is against the good will of the game and its wrong.

leeds found out from that spying mission that Harry Wilson wasnt fit, so they had the edge, that said, theyd still have beaten us!

T

Time's Ran Out

Heard on the wireless today that FIFA 2018 ( video game) has a section for team managers to look at opposition training! Jim White show. Talk sport.

D

Dumbo

I for one will look forward to seeing Leeds in the premiership . When I grew up Leeds were a massive club . Pretty much owned the first division and fa cup . Leeds are a big club its where they belong . Oh yeah derby were ok .

Reply to Football thread 2017/2018 season in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks