Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Football thread 2017/2018 season in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Time's Ran Out

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Its nearly here and the silly money has started to go around.
Not really bothered with all the faff involved and these players are hyped up pansies IMHO.
But here in Newcastle we are back in the big time and the buzz has started.
Tomorrow the wife and I are doing something for the 1st. time since 2005 - we are going to St James Park to watch Newcastle United play.
It was in 2005 when we ended the game with 8 players that I decided enough was enough. But with 2 relegations and 2 promotions since its time to go back to see the lads play in real time.
52,000 each week turn up to see them and tomorrow it will be the start of Raffas team building. Only a friendly but it's the last pre season game - bring it on!
For football fans on the forum - show us your colours.

Toon Army..........

OP
T

Tommythetiler80

Same here Lee. Rafa is such a lovely man away from the football as well as in the game ,he and his wife do a lot for charities. By the way I hope what Juan Mata is doing catches on (giving 1% of his wage to charity) then all the other pros in the top flight should do the same.like what John said they are all over paid pansies but I can't help loving football. Y.N.W.A

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Thanks lads - he's a revelation up here - his daughter was at Uni here and apparently she helped in his decision to stay. It takes a strong character to work for an owner like we have.
Entertainment and value for money is all we want. As well as the title and Champions League football - is that too much to ask for?
Come on the Toon.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

My pension doesn't stretch to a season ticket.
Today it's £10 a seat for our last friendly game and I bet there will be 40k there.
It will be a 52,000 sell out every game for 12 months so today is a one off opportunity to go.
Off on the bus with my pass now, lunch in town, then the game.

Come on the Toon!

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

It was The Strawberry and we won 2-0!
Only 28,000 there so the ground was a bit empty.
2-0 up after 10 minutes and I could have gone then.
Still on the way home on a bus now so coffee and feet up in 5 mins.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Great start for us today, I can only see things getting better, although I've been saying that for 12 years. Not quite as long as you though TJ, must be knocking on 50 years since your lot won anything, staying in the Prem will be an achievement TJ

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Great start for us today, I can only see things getting better, although I've been saying that for 12 years. Not quite as long as you though TJ, must be knocking on 50 years since your lot won anything, staying in the Prem will be an achievement TJ

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

And you've actually bought your own ground again.
It must be nice to have a home.
Let's hope it's a way back for Leeds United and they don't spend all the staff wages on a fish tank and leave a bit of the new owners money on players.
3-2 away from home is a good result - well done Leeds.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
And you've actually bought your own ground again.
It must be nice to have a home.
Let's hope it's a way back for Leeds United and they don't spend all the staff wages on a fish tank and leave a bit of the new owners money on players.
3-2 away from home is a good result - well done Leeds.

Cheers TJ

But you don't amass all that money by not paying your employees below minimum wage on zero hours contracts…..;)

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

It must be business - supply and demand. So many people want cr:p replica gear that 1000's of jobs have been created in an area of unemployment to sustain the demand.
No doubt has similar undertones of how the industrial revolution in your area allowed all the millionaires to flourish - nothing changes. Huddersfield last season and now Leeds winning a game, the gloom is lifting.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Millionaires pfffff……the smoke is still rising from the chimneys on the mills TJ. Those dog botherers may have their day in the Prem but I really can't see how they can sustain a stint over a period.

Reply to Football thread 2017/2018 season in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock