Discuss Following joints through niches. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Just thought I'd put this out there, I have done both ways with various situations,
I mostly follow the joints through like this
Does anyone put a full tile in the rear of a niche and on the reveals ? Of course it is nice to work a niche in with in full tiles but not always possible
IMG_3021.JPG IMG_3022.JPG

O

Old Mod

For me, the norm would be to follow the bond thro, unless it was done in mosaic obviously.
There have been times I've used full pieces, but that's either because of a clients request or unusual circumstances.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Most of the time will follow bond but try to make the niche coincide with the bond so only full tiles are used.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looks hideous if you don't follow the bond, as Much of a pain in the arse it is at times to do so

M

Matt Bott

Ok cheers yeah I do that what I've never done however is cut the trim where the grout joints are to let them flow through the trim. am I doing it wrong is this down to customer preference?

Reply to Following joints through niches. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks