Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Floor Tiler required - Manchester City Centre in the Tilers: find tiling jobs listed here area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. markwm

markwm Active Member

County:
    lancashire
    Total Size of Area to be Tiled:
    <30sqm
    Tile Size(s):
    600x600
    Tiles / Adhesive / Grout Purchased?:
    tiles only
    Wall and Floor Tiling Job in lancashire

Helping out a friend, a builder has half finished a renovation job in her church flat in Manchester city centre. He had to leave the job due to family bereavement issues. I got a tiler from here a few years ago to do my mum's new kitchen and he did a great job.

The property is a duplex apartment within a church development. The kitchen has been tiled, but the hall way and living space upstairs have not, and they need completing.

Tiles are 600x600 porcelain(shiny). The substrate in both areas is OSB board. Now in the kitchen, the previous tiler has tiled directly onto this. I didn't think this was best practice, they've been down 5 months and appear to be ok, no cracks...

The kitchen flows through into the small entrance hall. The hall is approx 8 sq metres, quite an awkward shape, one of the walls runs diagonally. Pictures attached. In the kitchen area, tiler has tiled up to the skirting(not removed it). My friend needs the kitchen tiling extending into the hallway, seamlessly. Will need to cut close enough to the skirting so the gap can be covered with a neat bead of silicone/

In the living room upstairs, you would be able to overlay with ply. The area is approx 20 sqm. Again, one side is at an angle to the rest, and the skirting is on.

My friend has tiles, but no adhesive etc. Access is good. Job needs completing asap.

Please PM me

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-30 at 15.29.02.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-09-30 at 15.29.02(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-09-30 at 15.29.03.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-09-30 at 15.29.03(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-09-30 at 15.29.26.jpeg

If you'd like to quote for this tiling job in lancashire then please contact the member who posted the job directly. If you'd like to generally ask questions about the job, please feel free to reply to this thread, as the extra details may help others work out whether the job is suitable for them or not.

TilersForums.co.uk recommends getting three tilers in to quote for all tiling jobs, and to check references from previous customers for each. Then customers need to make their own mind up as to who is best for them.

DO NOT REPLY WITH PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES OR PHONE NUMBERS - SHARE THOSE VIA THE FORUM MESSAGING SYSTEM INSTEAD. POSTS WITH SUCH DETAILS RISK BEING EDITED OR REMOVED
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
  2. mcgarvieiain

mcgarvieiain Active Member

Hi mate
    Im manchester based, could have a look for you.
    Inbox me your number please.
    Cheers iain.