Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

2. ismoat Building Products

Discuss Floor prep overload... in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Perfect Tiling

Perfect Tiling Active Member

Hi all......got a timber floor to tile with 600 x 400 slate tiles. I know that its recommended to use a decoupling mat with natural stone....which I always do on a solid floor. However, this floor is 22mm chipboard and customer wants UFH fitted. I usually glue and screw 10mm insulation boards down then fix the UFH mat and tile....never a problem. But, with this floor being slate do I really need to put a decoupling mat on top of the insulation. I don't want to just put the decoupling mat onto the chipboard as the UFH will end up heating through it to the timber...and the customer is adamant they want the insulation as its an old house. Will the insulation boards not give some level of decoupling. Cheers.....

2. Andystiletiling

Andystiletiling Professional Tiler

I'd go for 10mm insulation boards glued and screwed, ufh, slc and a thin crackmat before slate..

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Lee@emctiles

[email protected] Official Member Support Company Support

Id go for 6/10mm DeltaBoard and use VarioPRO UFH, which is also a decoupler. Job Done

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Localtiler

Localtiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

I agree with Lee. One of the uncoupling systems is the best bet here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Perfect Tiling

Perfect Tiling Active Member

Many thanks for the advice guys.....I'll get the job priced up accordingly.