Discuss Flexible adhesive and grout..... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

I still have a bag of 3000 in the van.

Tempted to mix some up just to feel what it’s like as I know I’ll never use it as it’s white.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I still have a bag of 3000 in the van.

Tempted to mix some up just to feel what it’s like as I know I’ll never use it as it’s white.

I think you need a hobby!

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
For Mapei users in the situation mentioned by Andy Allen which of their range would you use. Most upstairs bathrooms in houses have floorboards or chipboard on joists which I then overboard with a backer board , usually no more ply. I’m doing a ground floor flat bathroom and ensuitr next month - concrete slab with joists resting on top then 22mm plasterboard, then 18mm chipboard panels. I’m going to overboard with 6 my nmp. No ufh. I tend to use keraflex maxi s1 for most wall and floor applications as I get on with it well. Would there be any need to use an s2 in this situation

D

Dumbo

I would as long as your floor is stable and isn't bouncing or rocking , s1 will be fine . If it is rocking or bouncing sort it out as no adhesive will save it .

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It’s very very solid. I’ve bounced all over it it to make sure :grinning: no movement at all.

What situations would you use an s2 v s1?

D

Dumbo

Personally I don't use s2 . My personal belief is if you need an s2 you need to improve your background prep. Bal flex was I believe originally designed for use in the subways where there is a lot of vibration from trains . Although I have just received a spec about going over low build wet underfloor heating using s2 .

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
thanks jctiling, that does make sense, to be honest I have never felt the need to use it. i just like to check how others are doing things. I tend to call mapei technical for any advice re: the application of their products should I feel the need. They have so many different addys most of which seem to cross over in application to each other. It can get a bit confusing. As i said i use the maxi s1 for most floors and walls and get on with it well.

W

Waluigi

Find an adhesive that you know fits the spec and try to stick with it. Pun intended.

I’ve gone through a lot of adhesives this year, trying each one out. A few freebies. Found one I like and I’m set now.

Reply to Flexible adhesive and grout..... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks