Discuss Flexible adhesive and grout..... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What flexible adhesive and grout combination are you using for a wooden substrate..
After overboarding with a suitable backer board.

Last edited:
S

Spare Tool

Changed to ultra last year and get on well with their S1 slowset sp+es in white or grey, all I really use now. The ultra grouts are good too...not had any issues with patchy greys

F

Flintstone

I use tilemaster and ultra adhesives and levellers mainly but I'm really looking for a new grout as I'm not happy with tilemaster any more I'm keen to try the karakoll grouts

W

Waluigi

Tried kerakoll eco 2 to 12 last week. Nothing spectacular. I need to try the fine stuff. Eco flex or whatever as that’s supposed to be the good stuff.

This gear was sandy and seemed similar to Bal Superflex wide joint.

Floor adhesive, I tend to use Tilemaster or Biogel No Limits or revolution with Bal MM2. I like the Bal grout despite some hating it. It’s good stuff

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tried kerakoll eco 2 to 12 last week. Nothing spectacular. I need to try the fine stuff. Eco flex or whatever as that’s supposed to be the good stuff.

This gear was sandy and seemed similar to Bal Superflex wide joint.

Floor adhesive, I tend to use Tilemaster or Biogel No Limits or revolution with Bal MM2. I like the Bal grout despite some hating it. It’s good stuff
Do you add GT1 to the bal grouts ?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tilemaster Ultimate on all my floors and grouted with Micromax 2, gunmetal most of the time seems to go with everything.

D

Dumbo

Changed to ultra last year and get on well with their S1 slowset sp+es in white or grey, all I really use now. The ultra grouts are good too...not had any issues with patchy greys
Last lot of ultra grout I used went off stupid quick do you think it was dodgy or is it always like that .

S

Spare Tool

Last lot of ultra grout I used went off stupid quick do you think it was dodgy or is it always like that .
It is a lot quicker setting than grout 3000, caught me out when I first started with it, just got used to it now mixing smaller batches etc.. Start cleaning off after about 20mins as a rule

Reply to Flexible adhesive and grout..... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks