Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Fixing mirrored tiles, adhesive options in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi
Looked at a job where the customer wants mirrored tiles within the field of other tiles, 300x300 size.
20181118_180222.jpg
20181118_180309.jpg
About 2mm thick.

Any https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ options would be great, the background will be strapped, plasterboard walls.

Cheers

OP
Wishiwasatoptiler
Reaction score
So i have totally over thought it then Julian...
Lol.
My plan will be to build up the background behind the mirror with addy so the mirror will be flush with the other tiles. So this tubed sticky will be great.
Its good to see you back, havent seen you on here in a long while:thumbsup:

J

J Sid

So i have totally over thought it then Julian...
Lol.
My plan will be to build up the background behind the mirror with addy so the mirror will be flush with the other tiles. So this tubed sticky will be great.
Its good to see you back, havent seen you on here in a long while:thumbsup:
simple and straightforward is sometimes best.
I'm good thanks, and good to be back and seeing old faces

Kyle Knowles

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Got a funny mirror story a mate of mine the guy who I did the sage green metro in the fancy pattern the pix on here fixed a mirror with silicone and used the dick and balls method of applying the silicone and a couple months later it's ate through the backing and the customer had a lovely big Willie in the mirror lol

S

Spare Tool

Would need something like Webber set plus and ad250 for fixing mirror tiles with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, whatever you do don't use a standard set without additive straight onto the glass, it will not stick... I know :(
Think the above is the best idea..stick tiles onto a 4mm backerboard with mirror https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ then pack out to depth you need with ady.

T

Tile Shop

Cement based and ready mixed adhesives can react with some mirror tiles. You'd be best off (to be on the safe side) using either a proper mirror adhesve, low modulus silicone or epoxy.

Better still, get the recommendations from the supplier or factory if you can get hold of them.

OP
Wishiwasatoptiler
Reaction score
It
Who has mirror tiles are u tile the headquarters of a prostitution ring

It is randon. Lol. Its a very nice restaurant to. Lol.
Cement based and ready mixed adhesives can react with some mirror tiles. You'd be best off (to be on the safe side) using either a proper mirror adhesve, low modulus silicone or epoxy.

Better still, get the recommendations from the supplier or factory if you can get hold of them.
I think Amazon wont be able to help.. :mad:

Cheers for the advise peeps.

Reply to Fixing mirrored tiles, adhesive options in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock