Discuss First attempt at my own kitchen. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M83T

TF
Reaction score
Hi all.
After completing a short tiling course earlier in the year here is my first attempt at doing my own kitchen.
On the whole I'm pleased with it, yes there are some things I would have done differently but I guess it's all good experience and you learn from your mistakes. Just looking to progress now and gain more experience somehow (any help/ideas would be great)I really do love tiling and being able to stand back and look at what you have achieved.

20190506_114657.jpg 20190506_114819.jpg 20190506_114749.jpg 20190506_114638.jpg 20190506_114631.jpg

M83T

TF
Reaction score
Thankyou so much for all of your positive replies it's a real confidence builder, I've got 2 more kitchens to do for some friends soon so hopefully my confidence and experience will grow.

M83T

TF
Reaction score
When doing the internal corners I scribed some and some I just butted them up so you don't get such a neat finish in the corners.
I did miter my external corners just to see if I could do it seeing as it was for myself, they are ok but I would not attempt to do it for anybody else, at least until I've practiced them a bit more.
Also I've got a little bit of addy poking through the grout but only in a couple of places.

O

Old Mod

Best way to deal with internals is not to grout and silicone instead.
It will give you a neater finish and in fact is ‘best practice’ it allows for any lateral movement in the walls.

M83T

TF
Reaction score
Best way to deal with internals is not to grout and silicone instead.
It will give you a neater finish and in fact is ‘best practice’ it allows for any lateral movement in the walls.
I did silicone the internals but using metros you can sometimes get triangles of silicone when you butt them up rather than scribe them, which doesn't look great.

Reply to First attempt at my own kitchen. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks