Discuss First attempt at a envelope cut into a linear drain in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys what's the best way to finish off this and get the tiles back into bond ? Cheers w

20181201_132739.jpg 20181201_132803.jpg

S

Spare Tool

The envelopes should be cut out of the bond you already have on the main floor, looks like you've got a 100mm cut running down rh side, this should be followed through to the tray, is it all stuck down or could you rethink the whole floor set out?
Can't see much evidence of tanking around the wet area?

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have not stuck em all yet this is as far as I have got alot of work gone into the floor so want it looking good I am a trusted advisor on the ukplumbing forum been on there for a good few years but got directed to you guys for a bit of proffesional advice regarding this cheers Wayne (aka kop)

20181130_170926.jpg 20181127_110740.jpg 20181130_170936.jpg IMG-20181127-WA0000.jpeg IMG-20181128-WA0008.jpeg 20181129_090133.jpg

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry guys still there i didn't flood that area slopes are still there you can see em on the marked out picture confident on the tiling just need to get back to the bond in the nestest way thought you guys may have few ideas ? if not will do the the remainder first and work out some cuts to get me back ? All the best Kop

Last edited:
T

Time's Ran Out

Yes I see your predicament now - you’ve centred the outlet with a joint!
So as you say you’ll have to recut away to the side to continue the bond line of the tile widths. May have been a larger cut to both side walls with a tile centred on the drain outlet and then to follow the bond up the walls.
It’s always a personal decision in the end. Unless your working for an engineer or architect, then anything whimsical can happen.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A Piece of glass is correct T , metro white tiles going on the walls in the shower area , appreciate your input guys my thinking is I will finish the floor to bond and re cut into the shower area only tile out of bond will be the centred tiles on the drain which I can live with. Cheers kop

W

WetSaw

I'm sure I've seen something like this on here... 20181203_081739.jpg

Obviously not to scale and I don't know your tile size (and I didn't take the line out to the edge..) but basically cut tiles down to make a border.

W

Waluigi

Wayne- as you say, you only have a single misaligned grout joint. As you’re standing looking at the wet Dec in pic 1, does the bottom right tile meet the right hand wall as a full tile?

Reply to First attempt at a envelope cut into a linear drain in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks