Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Finished Bathroom - Hexagonal Tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
OP
T

Time's Ran Out

Are you pleased with how it came out, John ?

As it happens Cat asked me that almost every day!
This is not my thread - I only did the tile on what turned out to be a job which was bit more involved than I imagined from the original thread.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
A bit picky here Me thinks:confused: At least you post your pics John. Lol I used Keracoll grout on a commercial job it was condemned got rep out used the acid wash still a load of S.... !!

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

A bit picky here Me thinks:confused: At least you post your pics John. Lol I used Keracoll grout on a commercial job it was condemned got rep out used the acid wash still a load of S.... !!
Simon as I said - it’s not my thread.
These are Cats pictures and she was asking for comments. I’am just a Tiler doing a job and answering what I can.
If people think the waste is too long or the window glass will not come out whenever - then that’s for them to question. I just turned up to an unseen job did my best and my wife had a few nice days in Norfolk.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I think the public can see this so not really, just think its a bit harsh! I think he's been very ill and I've looked at his albums and they are a good standard. I just say what I think and don't really look at what I post. I try to be informative where I can and if i have offended anyone Im sorry:oops:

OP
Q

Qwerty

I think the public can see this so not really, just think its a bit harsh! I think he's been very ill and I've looked at his albums and they are a good standard. I just say what I think and don't really look at what I post. I try to be informative where I can and if i have offended anyone Im sorry:oops:

Then PM who you are referring to

The Op asked what people thought and members are entitled to respond accordingly

@timeless john is one of the most experienced tilers amongst us and he has added his comments to this thread

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Think we should draw a line under this. Were not children, no offence intended, I don't do facebook etc as things are taken out of context sometimes. You all have a good day and keep posting :):):):)

OP
T

Tile Shop

My two pennies worth.....
upload_2018-3-13_14-39-58.png
End of.

He has pulled off one of the best design layouts I have seen posted this year so far.

These tiles look like (correct me if I'm wrong) the Opal range from Realonda? From experience like a lot of hexagons out there, can be a tiny bit sizey and out square.... or hexagon??? Anyway, can imagine to get that look would be a challenge both physically and mentally. I also really love the way they blend into the planks (strap yourselves in lads, this trend is taking off).

Great job, and I hope the OP is really happy with the finished project. I know I would be :)

OP
C

Cat

Hi All,

Sorry for such a delayed response, I must have switched the email notifications off and didnt think to check the post.

Tiles are from tonsoftiles, they are the Baroque range, however they are ending this range so if the person who asks would like some be quick. There is also a range done by a company called Forma who do a slightly smaller tile in similar colours if anyone is interested.

Yes the PVC window will be a nightmare, we had to reboard all the walls as the original walls were so damaged and uneven, and the original wall also covered the window, its pants that for sure. The guy that owned the house before us thought he was a builder and fitted them badly.

John, I am so sorry about the pipe, you should have said and we could have chopped it down for you, I didnt even think about it.

Glad you all like it, I do like to do things 'differently' which can be a pain at times, and doesnt always go right, but think it worked this time.

We have the sink and toilet in, and doing the shower at the weekend, will post some more pics when its all done

Reply to Finished Bathroom - Hexagonal Tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock