Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Find this a bit strange....... in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Customer asked me to check some tiles there thinking of purchasing.
This is the info I looked at.
Can you spot anything that doesn't make sense..

Screenshot_20180922-115022.jpg

O

Old Mod

I took this from a tile store web site.

‘The majority of floor tiles these days are given an anti slip rating. This rating comes in the form of an 'R' value. The 'R' stands for 'ramp test'. This 'R' value ranges from R9, which has a small degree of slip resistance, right up to R13, which is the highest slip resistance. This 'R' value shows the degree of slip resustance the tile has.

R13 is the resistance recommended by many professionals for public wet areas such as showers in a changing room and pool surrounds, whereas R9 and R10 values are often used for domestic situations such as bathrooms and kitchens.’

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So it has nothing to do with the quality of the tiles, just you might slip on your arse if you're a clumsy prat...??

Reply to Find this a bit strange....... in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock