Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Fibo board - anyone used it? in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

2. Waluigi

Waluigi Guest

Bloke I know installs them on every job. For me, what let’s them down a little is the large joint on the internal corner profiles. It looks like a giant bead of silicone.

I can completely see the benefit of these but not really my cup of tea personally.

I’m open minded with any product though. I’ve done a few lustrolite jobs and it does look smart.

3. impish

I scrapped the internal corner and just treated them like large tiles.

4. Waluigi

Waluigi Guest

I’ve seen it done. It does void the warranty but does look better.

5. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

I only ever use Bushboard Nuance shower panels. 100% waterproof 15 year guarantee and internal corner trims not essential. Far superior to any of the other boards out there.

6. Bopster

Bopster Active Member

+1 for bushboard panels, I know you tilers usually hate shower panels but they are a good product. Just be open minded as there’s always new products on the market changing the way we do things

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. pdc

pdc Only a Handyman... Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

They're the things that Marc fits aren't they?;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. impish

Never seen them. I'll check them out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Waluigi

Waluigi Guest

The best systems I have seen have been Corian, HI-MACS and Krion. Incredible products. Completely seamless and in some cases they’re silicone free in showers.