Discuss Fair or not? The police are trying to get this video off the web! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

WetSaw

It's an old video but if you're asked to move on by the Police you should move on, not start gobbing off and getting stroppy. Why were the Police there in the first place? "Nasty Police attacking us for no reason", no, do what you're told and have a bit of respect.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Mouthy teenagers...... Got loads of them round here.
Was time when a police officer was to be respected and not talked back to.

Q

Qwerty

Certainly makes for an interesting discussion! However for it to be an unbiased decision as to if it was fair or not you should really be in possession of the full facts. For example- was there a section 35 dispersal notice or a section 60 notice in power at the time? If so, then it is highly likely that all of the teenagers in the video were in contravention of any powers in place and the officers would use reasonable force as neccesary in the circumstances to enforce the powers.

Alot of people are totally unaware that Police officers are not employees, they hold the office of Constable and are servants of the crown. Every constable is an independent legal entity; the public’s guarantee of impartiality. Officers of the
crown operate independent of undue influence, interference and with a personal responsibility for the safety of the public and the prevention and detection of crime and disorder.

Is it fair or not????...... God knows, thats why we have a transparent and fair system in this country and have an independent investigatory body who investigate any allegations of police wrong doing (Independent Police complaints commission).
Let them worry about what is right or wrong I say!

D

Dumbo

It did seem to me that the response was disproportionate to the threat level and one of the officers was overtly aggressive and only served to escalate the situation . But if the police feel they did nothing wrong why would they want it removed .

O

Old Mod

All interesting and totally reasonable comments, and I'm not in disagreement, except......imo, from the footage, it all appeared to get out of hand because of one copper. The young dark haired guy who came running over and immediately started pushing , shoving and grabbing,and ultimately started brandishing his metal expandable baton.
Really?
He didn't even bother talking to his colleagues to see if they were in control.
And yeah they were gobby teenagers, but they didn't exactly appear to be the physical type, did they??
But yes, probably very biased footage.

Are you a Special Constable Geoff?

D

Dumbo

All interesting and totally reasonable comments, and I'm not in disagreement, except......imo, from the footage, it all appeared to get out of hand because of one copper. The young dark haired guy who came running over and immediately started pushing , shoving and grabbing,and ultimately started brandishing his metal expandable baton.
Really?
He didn't even bother talking to his colleagues to see if they were in control.
And yeah they were gobby teenagers, but they didn't exactly appear to be the physical type, did they??
But yes, probably very biased footage.

Are you a Special Constable Geoff?
That is exactly how I saw it.

Q

Qwerty

I'm certainly special!.... but no siree, I'm no special constable! I personally wouldn't do the job for free. I admire those that do though.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
An old mod of ours Oli was quite high up in the force. Top bloke. Couldn't do their job for even double their pay. Basically baby sitting the worst of the country come weekends. And dealing with the worst on other days.

I've been on the receiving end of a police battering a couple of times but have to say I deserved it lol Grown up now mind.

Q

Qwerty

It did seem to me that the response was disproportionate to the threat level and one of the officers was overtly aggressive and only served to escalate the situation . But if the police feel they did nothing wrong why would they want it removed .

Again, none of us are privy to what happened before hand. It may well be a case of one officer using excessive force, but then again it could be a case of that officer dealing with that lad 5 minutes previous where he could have been assaulted or had just cause to use the force he did.

As for the police feeling they did nothing wrong and why would they want it removed....... this is the fairest and recommended way of dealing with the video if there is an ongoing investigation into either the Police or the youth(s). So many court cases have been lost and guilty crooks let free where 'do gooders' have spread viral videos on social media which has led to there being issues with how the trial is dealt with in an impartial way.

It's all too common nowadays. I must see at least one social media post a day where the 'pack mentality' is evident. People bad mouthing authorities or individuals even when they have no personal experience of the issue. To be perfectly honest it really gets my back up! .....I hide it well I know! ;)

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
to be fair when you see what they have to put up with on the streets
these days. I don't think I could keep my cool like they seem to most
of the time, sure must be some bad coppers just like there must be
some bad tillers (not on here of course) but most are ok I think

Reply to Fair or not? The police are trying to get this video off the web! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks