Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Extra Large format tiles.. in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
O

Old Mod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Errrrm I think we’re loosing track here lads. :D:)

OP
O

One Day

Hey, we all have to start at some point.
My introduction to VLF (very large format) was by being presented with 2 tiles from Florim. Magnum 3.2m x 1.6m
The largest cutter I had was a Sigma 3em at 1230mm and I had NO idea what to do really.
I tackled it by asking people in the know - Marc being one in particular.
Then I got the necessary kit, deciding that these tiles are a growth area so worth the investment.
Then I prepared, prepared and prepared some more.
You ever have days where you can't get that first tile on the wall or floor because you're too busy looking at the set out, or thinking the job through in your head?!
Well this was just like that, except we're talking 2 tiles and 3 days!

What I'm saying is that nobody starts out with VLF as an expert.
We've got to cut our teeth somewhere so there's no point everyone jumping on the OP saying "Ooh - have you done them before?!" with that sharp sucking noise as you draw breath through gritted teeth!

Reply to Extra Large format tiles.. in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock