Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Ensuite Wet room 1.8 x 1.7 metres in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

K

K-Dot

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello

We have just recently bought a house and we are looking to transform the ensuite to a wet room (measurements: 1.8 x 1.7 metres). Just wanted ask a few things because my husband is too lazy too lol :
1) How much would you say we need to budget for the shower room?
2) The ensuite currently has no windows. Would one be necessary?

Any other advice you can give me would be really helpful. Dos and Dont's! xx

OP
D

Dumbo

Your budget is up to you to a certain extent because it depends at which end of the market you want to operate b and q own brand or something like duravit and Hans grohe .
It doesn't need a window but good extraction would be necessary.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Is it a concrete sub floor and do you have enough depth for wet room drain run

OP
K

K-Dot

Your budget is up to you to a certain extent because it depends at which end of the market you want to operate b and q own brand or something like duravit and Hans grohe .
It doesn't need a window but good extraction would be necessary.

Thank you for your response!
Well we don’t want to replace for at least another 10 years so mid-top range ideally

Would the extraction need to be outside of the house I take it?

OP
D

Dumbo

Thank you for your response!
Well we don’t want to replace for at least another 10 years so mid-top range ideally

Would the extraction need to be outside of the house I take it?
Yes no point pumping it into another room

OP
K

K-Dot

Is it a concrete sub floor and do you have enough depth for wet room drain run

I’m not sure! It’s a new-ish build maybe 20 years old. The ensuite is above the kitchen but I’m unsure of the drain run. It does have a shower in there so yes?

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Is the old shower sitting on a plinth or just on floor, reason I ask is wetrooms are dependent on being able to get drain as low as possible or having a big step up into en suite

Reply to Ensuite Wet room 1.8 x 1.7 metres in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock