Discuss Embedding shower screen in tiles... in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jayney71

So your glass you have is 400mm. You want to slide the glass into the nib 100 mm, leaving only 300mm exposed?

There’s profiles you can get for the wall and floor, I use mainly majestic screens. That are almost invisible.

I certainly wouldn’t be burying the glass 4 inches in the wall.

Hmmm, seems like this might not have been the best idea! Can you recommend a profile?

J

Reaction score

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
J

Jayney71

Thanks Lakey,

We do have a profile called DECO-SG (Schlüter®-DECO-SG | Function | Schlüter-Systems - http://www.schluter.co.uk/deco-sg.aspx) which can be used to integrate a shower screen. Call the office on 01530 813396 or email [email protected] if you'd like to find your nearest reseller, arrange a sample or have any questions.

Hi

I've just looked at that and it would be possible for us to use it in the wall but our floor tiles are already laid with a slot cut for the glass so we wouldn't be able to set the flange underneath the tiles. Do Schluter do a plain U channel (without the flange)?

We've already used FINEC for corners (which looks really neat) in the stone grey and dark graphite colours. Do you do the DECO-SG and/or any other U channel to match the stone grey, or in stainless steel which would match our slot drain?

Many thanks
J

Reaction score
Why bother with the glass at all, just extend the wall/nib to the length you want it, as for sinking the glass into the floor your just asking for trouble.

D

Dumbo

I do agree with Simon as to sinking the screen into the floor . I would just silicone to floor because if you think about it, if you we're to knock it hard enough to break the silicone seal that would be an almighty wack . After all nobody seems to have a problem siliconing shower screens to walk in showers , same difference .

Reply to Embedding shower screen in tiles... in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks