Discuss East Manchester - 2/3 Days Tiling Bathroom Walls & Floor in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

olly330

Looking for a tiler and would prefer someone from here.

Its for my house which I have been working on giving it a full refurb but would rather use a professional for tiling :)

House is in Tameside, East Manchester.

13m2 walls and 3m2 floor.
Using 10x20 ceramic metro tiles for walls and 33x33 porcelain for floor.

Approx 2 days tiling - possibly a little more, the walls are fairly level, a few awkward bits but nothing too difficult.

The walls will need tanking over bath and other areas priming then ready to go with tiling.

Floor has already been prepared with no more ply cement boards.

All materials will be supplied, bagged adhesive all round.

Immediate start.

Please see images.

E7mlwZn.jpg

HcZO5b1.jpg

PosAoNU.jpg

17IFin8.jpg

GcukKZQ.jpg

7Y64uaZ.jpg

tXaoaum.jpg

YgGIpgP.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

As soon as a potential client gives an indication of how long a job will take, i lose interest!

I agree - but in this case the photos are good and up to 3 days for 16mts should be achievable for a decent tiler from here. Anyone interested can see what the issues are.

O

On one

Can I query............
Why is the bath set so high?
Why isn't the bath overflow and taps fitted prior to the bath being fitted?
Bath placement too far to the RHS perhaps?

T

Time's Ran Out

Can I query............
Why is the bath set so high?
Why isn't the bath overflow and taps fitted prior to the bath being fitted?
Bath placement too far to the RHS perhaps?

Oh I think there are lots of questions to ask - what is keeping the NMP down, is that scratch coat wall ready to tile, what happens to that bath end that's built up - but at least those interested have an idea what to expect and can ask first.

O

olly330

I'm from droylsden mate where in tameside are u

Hi, its in ashton, send me a pm with your number if you want to have a look mate.

Bath is higher than usual as need to create a drop for the waste as it has a fair distance to travel.

Taps not on as didn't want them to get any adhesive or mess on during the tiling.

The no more ply are now screwed down and shower/bath walls are now tanked.

Reply to East Manchester - 2/3 Days Tiling Bathroom Walls & Floor in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks