Discuss Dust collection can .. in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Filip

TF
Reaction score
The one I made collected very fine dust - in the collector
69706-a37735711964add74916d8638c97f071.jpg

In the hover
69707-9a82419a498ee49f2039e4bf01240e07.jpg

If a home made one works so well that a brought one shout work even better. They work by creating a vortex that spins the dust to the bottom from the side and the hover attaches on the top away from the dust.
And a home made grinder attachment
69703-6a1e9bd45b1a5bdd6dc0786dd03d5e45.jpg

69702-9c8a08325bb401c749e17d1116c5da21.jpg

I understand about the hovers kicking out dust, on my titan hover it has a port where the "exhaust" blows and I attach another hose to that and stick it out the window.

F

Flintstone

Where did you get the foam from Phil? I could do with something adding to mine to help it seal that bit better

Filip

TF
Reaction score
It came from my magic shed where i keep all manner of things that may be useful. It is a spare piece from a velux window install. I have seen a cut down pipe insulation also used. It worked perfectly and almost no dust. But the hose attachment has now come away and need re glue sticking

F

Flintstone

Used it today and to be honest it was a bit of a pain, the can collected some stuff but the pipes are thin bore and one got clogged pretty fast as did the filter in the top

F

Flintstone

I know, not great. I need a reliable method of collecting the dust, filters clogging is a big problem

F

Flintstone

Easy, just refunded me no problem, Got a bit of the silent treatement, but he’s a grumpy sod anyway the bloke who works there

Reply to Dust collection can .. in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks