Discuss Dust collection can .. in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
O

Old Mod

Yes Andy, they work as a pre separator, filtering out the large debris before it gets to your extractor.

OP
F

Flintstone

With all the talk of M class extraction, then your basically collecting your dust in a bucket and tipping it out ?

OP
O

Old Mod

No, not really.
The function of a pre separator is to filter out the larger debris, the more hazardous breathable particles are collected by your extractor.
So you’re not collecting hazardous material in a bucket! :)

OP
O

One Day

Imagine a 2-stage system.
The pre-separator collects the big stuff which would very quickly clog your bag and filter.
The M-Class vac has very good filters which retain something like 99.99% of the very small dust particles (which normal vacs spit back out into the air).

OP
F

Flintstone

I’ve ordered the one in the link, although it’s got mixed reviews and it says saw dust, I’m hoping it will be alright

OP
O

Old Mod

Could always make your own with one of these.
£12
1E6CB862-102F-4BE3-B808-C8E30724F580.jpeg

Dust Separator Collector Connect Extractors Cyclone Vacuums Cleaners Filter Tool | eBay - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F232514945656

OP
O

One Day

Thanks Marc. I just wasted half an hour looking through all the other gear they sell! Amazing array of random gear there....o_O

Filip

TF
Reaction score
The one I made collected very fine dust - in the collector
69706-a37735711964add74916d8638c97f071.jpg

In the hover
69707-9a82419a498ee49f2039e4bf01240e07.jpg

If a home made one works so well that a brought one shout work even better. They work by creating a vortex that spins the dust to the bottom from the side and the hover attaches on the top away from the dust.
And a home made grinder attachment
69703-6a1e9bd45b1a5bdd6dc0786dd03d5e45.jpg

69702-9c8a08325bb401c749e17d1116c5da21.jpg

I understand about the hovers kicking out dust, on my titan hover it has a port where the "exhaust" blows and I attach another hose to that and stick it out the window.

OP
F

Flintstone

Where did you get the foam from Phil? I could do with something adding to mine to help it seal that bit better

Filip

TF
Reaction score
It came from my magic shed where i keep all manner of things that may be useful. It is a spare piece from a velux window install. I have seen a cut down pipe insulation also used. It worked perfectly and almost no dust. But the hose attachment has now come away and need re glue sticking

OP
F

Flintstone

Used it today and to be honest it was a bit of a pain, the can collected some stuff but the pipes are thin bore and one got clogged pretty fast as did the filter in the top

OP
F

Flintstone

I know, not great. I need a reliable method of collecting the dust, filters clogging is a big problem

OP
F

Flintstone

Easy, just refunded me no problem, Got a bit of the silent treatement, but he’s a grumpy sod anyway the bloke who works there

Reply to Dust collection can .. in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer