Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Dust and eye protection masks in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Wishiwasatoptiler

Wishiwasatoptiler I'm either plastered or out on the tiles Professional Tiler

Hi
    Looking to pick up a few masks for a crappy ceiling pull down job. Looked at these. Any one used them. Are they any good

Would then use for tiling use. Cutting boards, grinding floors etc.
    Thanks
    Screenshot_20180516-165200.png

2. Localtiler

Localtiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Not sure how well that would seal to the face, also I think p3 is needed for us not p2

3. Wishiwasatoptiler

I wasn't sure what p2 was or p3. So its a classification?

4. Adey1980

Adey1980 Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

P2 is for general dust etc, p3 is the better protection ( asbestos )

5. Adey1980

Adey1980 Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Also you need to make sure you have a good seal around the mask

6. Wishiwasatoptiler

7. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

8. Localtiler

I use that jsp force 8 but it’s getting a bit tired now, taking it on and off all day isn’t ideal. Do you use them for 1 day impish then throw them away? Would you trust that for heavy dust ?

9. impish

impish Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

No, just nuisance dust. They aren't the easiest to breathe in for a length of time. Good for a quick dry cut, or mix though.
    I bought an M rated vac recently so that sucks up most dust from everything now.

10. Localtiler

THe main hazard for us daily is mixing adhesive and grinding porcelain, even with a sponge on the grinder it’s still air bourne. If you mix adhesive on a sunny day with no wind you can see the cloud and it’s pretty immense

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Wishiwasatoptiler

Your not wrong local, outside yesterday, no wind, ardex white. Just plumes of white dust, takes a while to settle.
    I've opted for the jsp force. Thanks for the info fellas.

12. Filip

Filip Active Member

Based on this thread and the very good reviews on screwfix I have just brought a force 8 and like many of the reviews say I wish I had brought one years ago. It feels so weird having a mask on and not breathing back my own hot damp air or altering my breathing cause I am forcing it through a piece of paper, with this you don't even know its on - breathing wise. just under £18 on offer at Toolstation.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. professional respirator tiling

Find a Tiler Post a Job Tile Events Tile Pics Blog Adhesive Poll Handy Downloads