Discuss Dust and eye protection masks in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi
Looking to pick up a few masks for a crappy ceiling pull down job. Looked at these. Any one used them. Are they any good

Would then use for tiling use. Cutting boards, grinding floors etc.
Thanks
Screenshot_20180516-165200.png

F

Flintstone

Not sure how well that would seal to the face, also I think p3 is needed for us not p2

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
JSP Force 8 Mask Respirator with Press-to-Check Filters P3 - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/jsp-force-8-mask-respirator-with-press-to-check-filters-p3/1863f

This is a p3. Looks like it fits snug.

F

Flintstone

I use that jsp force 8 but it’s getting a bit tired now, taking it on and off all day isn’t ideal. Do you use them for 1 day impish then throw them away? Would you trust that for heavy dust ?

O

One Day

I use that jsp force 8 but it’s getting a bit tired now, taking it on and off all day isn’t ideal. Do you use them for 1 day impish then throw them away? Would you trust that for heavy dust ?

No, just nuisance dust. They aren't the easiest to breathe in for a length of time. Good for a quick dry cut, or mix though.
I bought an M rated vac recently so that sucks up most dust from everything now.

F

Flintstone

THe main hazard for us daily is mixing adhesive and grinding porcelain, even with a sponge on the grinder it’s still air bourne. If you mix adhesive on a sunny day with no wind you can see the cloud and it’s pretty immense

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Your not wrong local, outside yesterday, no wind, ardex white. Just plumes of white dust, takes a while to settle.
I've opted for the jsp force. Thanks for the info fellas.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
Based on this thread and the very good reviews on screwfix I have just brought a force 8 and like many of the reviews say I wish I had brought one years ago. It feels so weird having a mask on and not breathing back my own hot damp air or altering my breathing cause I am forcing it through a piece of paper, with this you don't even know its on - breathing wise. just under £18 on offer at Toolstation.

Reply to Dust and eye protection masks in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks